GOLETA BEACH STATE PARK
Goleta Beach State Park is a beautiful coastal park offering picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean. It spans 29 acres and features amenities such as picnic tables, BBQ grills, volleyball courts and playgrounds for children. The sandy beach attracts swimmers while fishing enthusiasts can enjoy from Goleta Pier without needing any license. Its calm waters also make it an ideal spot for kayaking or paddleboarding with rentals available on-site.
Located in Santa Barbara County, California, Goleta Beach was originally a Chumash settlement. It became public land around 1965. The park features recreational facilities and hosts various events annually. In the early 2000s, it faced erosion issues leading to restoration projects by local authorities.
Goleta Beach State Park is located near Carpinteria, Goleta and Santa Barbara
- Goleta Beach Trail: A 0.75-mile trail that runs along the beach, offering stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Atascadero Creek Bike Path: This is a paved path stretching for about 2 miles from Goleta Beach Park to Ward Memorial Boulevard.
- Obern Trail (also known as Coastal Route): An approximately five mile long multi-use pathway connecting UCSB with Santa Barbara's eastern neighborhoods and beaches.
- Lake Los Carneros Loop: Located near Goleta State Park, this easy loop around Lake Los Carneros offers bird watching opportunities; it measures roughly two miles in length.
-San Jose Creek North Diversion Channel Multiuse Pathway - Approximately one mile long flat concrete path running parallel to San Jose creek
-More Mesa Bluffs Trails - These trails offer panoramic ocean view but are not directly located within park boundaries; they stretch over three miles round trip.
-Marsh Discovery Island Nature Walks - Short walks through marshland areas providing wildlife viewing experiences; exact distance varies based on chosen route.
-Picnic Area Paths - Numerous short paths leading towards picnic spots scattered throughout the park area without specified lengths due their varying nature depending upon location and accessibility points
Santa Barbara Adventure Company is an authorized kayak guide and outfitting service concessionaire for the Channel Islands National Park at Scorpion Anchorage and all other areas of the park. This beloved destination is renowned for sea cave kayaking, native wildlife, fantastic snorkeling and hiking opportunities.
18.8 miles from park*
Driving from North:
If coming from northern locations like San Luis Obispo:
- Start by getting on CA1 S /US -101S
- Follow this route southbound till exit number105A appears indicating Ward Memorial Blvd/Storke Rd/Glen Annie Rd
Merge off at this point.
For those traveling westward such as Bakersfield or Fresno residents:
- Get yourself headed west along Route166W/Maricopa Highway which eventually merges into US-101N
Once Off The Freeway:
After exiting freeway via either directions mentioned above,
For South Travellers :Turn right onto Los Carneros Way; continue down road about half-mile before turning left into park entrance.
For North travellers :Make a Left turn once off the highway then another immediate Right leading directly to beach parking lot.