1. Tugaloo State Park offers a sandy beach for swimming in Lake Hartwell.
2. Swimming is permitted during daylight hours only, with no lifeguard on duty.
3. Visitors can also swim from boats anchored offshore within the park boundaries.
4. Personal flotation devices are recommended while swimming due to varying water depths and conditions.
5. The lake's clear waters make it ideal for snorkeling as well as casual swims or dips.
The park offers a variety of boating options for visitors. It features two boat ramps, providing easy access to the 55,590-acre Lake Hartwell which is popular for water skiing and fishing. Paddle boats are available for rental if you prefer something more leisurely or don't have your own vessel. Canoes and kayaks can also be rented from May through September.
Located in Georgia, this park offers fishing opportunities on Lake Hartwell. Species include largemouth bass, crappie and catfish. Fishing from the shoreline or a boat is permitted. The lake also hosts various fishing tournaments throughout the year.