1. Horsethief Reservoir State Park offers a designated swimming area in the reservoir.
2. Lifeguards are not provided, so swim at your own risk.
3. The water is typically calm and suitable for all ages to enjoy.
4. Swimming off boats within 200 feet of shore is prohibited by park rules.
5. Water temperatures vary seasonally but can be quite refreshing during summer months.
6. The beach areas provide easy access into the water for swimmers.
7. Swimming aids like floaties or life jackets are recommended especially for children and non-swimmers.
8. Pets must stay out of the designated human swimming zones as per regulations.
9. There's no indoor pool; only open-water swimming available here.
10. Remember that there aren't any shower facilities near the beach area.
The park offers a variety of boating options for visitors. There is a boat ramp available, allowing easy access to the water for all types of vessels including motorized and non-motorized boats. Fishing from boats is popular due to the reservoir being stocked with different species such as rainbow trout. However, it's important to note that there are rules in place regarding speed limits on certain parts of the lake during specific times or seasons.
Anglers can enjoy year-round fishing in the 260-acre lake, teeming with rainbow trout and kokanee salmon. Ice-fishing is popular during winter months. The reservoir also supports a healthy population of smallmouth bass for those seeking variety.