JESSIE M. HONEYMAN MEMORIAL STATE PARK
Situated half way up the Oregon coast and three miles south of Florence on scenic Highway 101 is the second largest overnight camp in the state. There are two miles of sand dunes between the park and the ocean. Two natural freshwater lakes are within the park. Cleawox -- which is great for swimming -- and Woahink, which has a public boat ramp, is used for all water sports. Rent a canoe and explore the lake.
During Discovery Season (October 1 to April 30 every year), you can access the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area directly from your campsite in H loop of the campground. Reservations are recommended for winter holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Spring brings out the pink rhododendrons. Come summertime, this is a great place for family reunions. The fall huckleberries and blackberries are ripe for the picking. During the winter, off-road vehicle users can access the sand dunes from H Loop. This a camp for all seasons.
Located in the U.S. state of Oregon, this park was established in 1933 and named after Jessie Millikan Honeyman (1852-1948). Mrs. Honeyman played a significant role as an advocate for preserving Oregon's natural beauty during her lifetime.
The land that now constitutes the park was initially acquired between 1926 and 1931 from private owners under Governor I.L Patterson's administration with additional purchases made later on to expand its boundaries. The initial development began around late-1930s by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) who built campgrounds, trails, roads among other facilities which are still used today.
In honor of Mrs.Honeyman's dedication towards conservation efforts throughout her life including serving three terms as president of the Oregon Roadside Council; advocating for roadside beautification programs; lobbying against billboards along highways etc., it became one amongst five parks renamed posthumously following her death in January 1948.
Today covering over more than five hundred acres area near Florence city at southern end of Lane County alongside Highway US101 - it is second largest overnight campground within entire State Park System offering various recreational activities such as camping, picnicking spots besides two freshwater lakes namely Cleawox & Woahink where visitors can enjoy swimming or boating experiences amidst scenic surroundings all year round!
Full Hookup Sitesyes
1. Honeyman Campground: This is the second largest campground in Oregon and offers more than 350 campsites for tents, trailers, and RVs.
2. Group Tent Camping Sites: These are perfect for large groups or family reunions with a capacity of up to 25 people per site.
3. Yurts Rental: The park has ten yurts available that can accommodate five people each; they come equipped with beds, heat source, electricity but no plumbing facilities inside them.
4. Hiker/Biker Campsites: For those traveling on foot or by bike there's an area designated just for you which includes lockers where food items can be stored safely away from wildlife.
5. Honeyman East Dune Day Use Area & Picnic Shelter: It provides picnic tables under sheltered areas suitable as day-use sites.
6. Cleawox Lake Swim Area: A great spot if you want to camp near water bodies.
7. RV Dump Station: There's also a dump station provided within the camping grounds specifically designed for recreational vehicles (RV).
8. ADA Accessible Camping Site: They have ADA accessible restrooms/showers along with some specific ADA compliant campsites too.
Remember all these options require reservations especially during peak season so it would be wise to book your preferred option well ahead of time!