GLENDALE STATE FISH AND WILDLIFE AREA
Glendale Fish & Wildlife Area is dedicated to providing quality hunting and fishing opportunities while maintaining 8,060 acres of land and over 1,400 acres of lakes and impoundments.
Acquisition of the land which comprises Glendale Fish and Wildlife Area began in 1956, and land purchases were made through the 1960s. Several minor purchases were made in the 1970s. The construction of the dam that formed Dogwood Lake began in 1963 and was completed in 1965. The lake was renovated in 1978 and restocked with fish in 1979. Average depth of Dogwood Lake is eight feet.