Rapid Run's lovely murmur and the sounds of birds pervade this lovely picnic spot. The three rustic picnic pavilions hug the side of Seven Notch Mountain, conveniently at the side of PA 192.
History of the Area
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania purchased the land in 1905 and it became a part of White Deer State Forest District. In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps built the pavilions and restrooms. In 1978, the Pennsylvania Bureau of State Parks took over administration of Sand Bridge State Park.
Rapid Run is an excellent cold-water fishery. It is stocked annually with brook and brown trout.
Sand Bridge State Park is located near Jersey Shore, Lewisburg and Mifflinburg